Seeing Dr. Paul Davey, the dentist Sugar Land, TX, trusts, twice each year for dental checkups is an important component of maintaining your best oral health and your overall well-being. Let’s take a look at 10 reasons why Dr. Davey wants to see you and all the members of your family every six months for a dental cleaning and exam.
- Prevention and early diagnosis of oral cancer. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are more than 30,000 new cases of oral and pharyngeal cancer diagnosed each year and some 8,000 deaths because or oral cancer. At you checkup with Dr. Davey, we carefully examine your entire oral cavity for signs of oral cancer, which is highly treatable and curable when found early.
- Avoid gum disease. Both gingivitis and periodontitis—the early and late stages of gum disease—are the leading causes of tooth loss among American adults. Dr. Davey and his dental hygienists will assess the health of your gum tissue and recommend appropriate treatment to reverse and stop the advance of this bacterial infection.
- Keep your teeth. Because gum disease leads to tooth loss, regular dental cleanings and exams—along with effective at-home brushing and flossing—will help you avoid periodontal disease.
- Prevent systemic ailments. The same bacteria that cause gum disease have also been linked to other diseases and illnesses, including heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis and diabetes. At a dental checkup, we remove plaque, which is where troublesome bacteria hide.
- Early detection of dental problems. Found early, common dental concerns such as cavities, cracked teeth, broken fillings and gum disease are easily treatable. Left untreated, however, any of these can lead to bigger problems like root canals or even tooth extraction.
- Monitor for changes in your oral health. Seeing you twice each year, Dr. Davey and his staff are better able to keep tabs on your oral health and recognize changes sooner rather than later.
- Use your dental insurance. If you’re lucky enough to have dental insurance, then you likely have no excuse not to schedule twice yearly dental checkups. Most insurance plans cover the cost of biannual dental cleanings and exams, because a checkup can prevent so many problems that are much more expensive to treat.
- Enjoy a whiter smile. Our dental hygienists will clean your teeth and be able to remove many stains caused by coffee, tea and tobacco products.
- Prevent bad breath. More often than not, persistent bad breath (also known as halitosis) is the result of an underlying dental problem. You can avoid bad breath by seeing Dr. Davey regularly in order to maintain good oral health.
- Develop a treatment plan. If we find any problems at your checkup, Dr. Davey will give you a treatment plan that will show you the step-by-step route we’ll take to restore your oral health.
Call Our Office Today
If it’s time for you to schedule a dental checkup, then call the office of Dr. Davey, the dentist Sugar Land, TX, turns to for general, restorative and cosmetic dentistry. We welcome all residents in Sugar Land, TX, Houston, Katy, Richmond, and the surrounding communities.