If you put a brighter, more beautiful smile on your wish list this holiday season, it’s time to make it happen. Many patients think that cosmetic dentistry is just for the very rich or celebrities, but a good cosmetic dentist can offer a wide range of services to deliver a beautiful result within any schedule or budget. Keep reading to learn more about finding a cosmetic dentist and what treatments you should consider in order to transform your flawed teeth into flawless smiles you’ll be proud share this holiday season.
Find a Cosmetic Dentist
The first step to transforming your smile is finding the cosmetic dentist who can deliver your desired results. There’s no specific specialty for cosmetic dentistry, but many general dentists complete advanced training in order to provide flawless cosmetic dentistry. Ask your current dentist about their training and experience with cosmetic treatments. Most will have photos of patients before and after their treatments, so you can see the results of their actual work. If you don’t feel like your dentist offers enough cosmetic services, you can also ask for recommendations or look around for local cosmetic dentists online.
Plan for Your Cosmetic Consultation
Once you find the best cosmetic dentist, it’s time to get ready for your consultation appointment. The better you understand what you dislike about your own smile and/or what you admire in other smiles, the easier it will be for a dentist to pinpoint the right cosmetic dentistry services for you. Look at photos of celebrities, friends, or family members. Compare the smiles you find most attractive to your own teeth and try to decide what aspects you would like to change. Bring these photos along to your appointment. They will make it easier for you and your cosmetic dentist to get on the same page when it comes to your desired results.
Discuss Your Options
During your appointment, your dentist may just describe specific treatments to achieve the results you’ve described, but it never hurts to ask your dentist to outline all of their cosmetic treatment options. Some of the most common cosmetic dentistry services available include:
- Teeth whitening – most offices offer in-office and at-home whitening services that brighten smiles up to ten shades
- Porcelain veneers – thin sheaths of dental grade porcelain that affix to the front surfaces of teeth, creating flawless smiles
- Gum recontouring – for teeth that look gummy or teeth that look stubby, patients may need to change the shape of their gum line rather than treating their teeth
- Invisalign – using clear alignment trays, Invisalign shifts teeth into their ideal position over the course of about twelve months of treatment
- Smile makeovers – using any number of restorative, cosmetic, and orthodontic treatments, a dentist can create a personalized plan to help you achieve your healthiest and most beautiful smile
Meet Dr. Davey
At the Sugar Land dental office of Paul Davey, DDS, we are dedicated to helping our patients fall in love with their smiles. Dr. Davey and the entire Texas Got Smile team will work with you to create a personalized cosmetic dentistry plan to create a healthy, beautiful smile you’ll be proud to share. If you want to get started down the road to a gorgeous smile today, contact our team to schedule your cosmetic dentistry consultation. We’ll evaluate your current dental structures and help you create an effective plan to transform your smile.